SMELL GAS? ACT FAST!
Possible indicators of escaping natural gas:
- An odor of gas
- A hissing sound
- A fire in or near a gas appliance or piping
- Unusual noise coming from an appliance
What to do if you detect natural gas in the air:
- Do not attempt to locate gas leaks
- Do not smoke or use lighters, matches or other sources of open flames
- Do not turn lights on or off or unplug electrical appliances
- Do not use telephones, including cell phones, in or near an area where you smell gas
- Leave the area immediately and call your natural gas provider at (770) 945-6716 (24X7) or dial 9-1-1.
More information about natural gas can be found at www.safegas.org.