Sugar Hill Gas Service:
The City of Sugar Hill operates its own natural gas system.
Information about Sugar Hill Gas may be obtained at Sugar Hill City Hall, which is located at 5039 West Broad Street, or by calling (770) 945-6716.
A utility deposit of $150.00, and a valid state or federal issued photo I.D. are required for service to be connected.
To establish new gas service, print a copy of the appropriate Utility Deposit form (Residential or Commercial), fill it out and bring it in to Sugar Hill City Hall.
Residential - Utility Deposit Form
Commercial - Utility Deposit Form
Sugar Hill is a member of the Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia (MGAG). MGAG is the largest nonprofit natural gas joint action agency in the United States, serving 71 members in Georgia, Alabama and Florida who meet the needs of approximately 175,000 customers. The information on MGAG's website will provide answers to many questions about gas pricing. MGAG WEBSITE.
Paying your Gas Utility Bill:
Each month you will receive a gas utility statement from the City of Sugar Hill for your gas service. You may pay your utility bill in one of the following ways:
1. U.S. Mail: If you choose to pay by mail, please enclose a check, money order or cashiers check for the full amount due with the bottom portion of your gas bill and return in the envelope provided with your utility statement.
2. Drop Box: For your convenience, you may drop your payment into the night drop box located outside of City Hall. Please enclose the bottom portion of your gas bill with a check for the total amount due in the envelope provided with your gas bill and place in the drop box located outside of City Hall. Personal checks, money orders and cashier checks ONLY! Please do not put cash or credit cards in the drop box.
3. City Hall: Payments will be accepted at City Hall during normal business hours. Please bring both the top and bottom portions of your gas bill to City Hall to ensure proper crediting to your account.
4. Automatic Payment Service (APS): The Automatic Payment Service (APS) lets you pay your City of Sugar Hill Natural Gas Utility bill automatically. Your payment will always be on time, without requiring you to write or mail a check. Please click here for more information.
5. Online Payments: Gas utility payments can be made through this online payment service via credit card (VISA, Discover, and MasterCard), or by ACH (electronic check). A convenience fee of $2.25 per transaction will be charged by Paymentus (third-party, online payment service provider) to process electronic payments. Please click here for more information or to make an online payment.
6. Automated Phone Payments: You may also choose to pay your utility bill over the phone. Simply call City Hall at (770) 945-6716 during normal business hours or call the payment system directly at 855-748-1345, 24x7. This automated payment system will guide you through the payment process. Please be aware that the convenience fee of $2.25 per transaction will apply.
- Your gas utility is subject to disconnection if you are (1) 60 days past due, or (2) your past due balance is $100.00 or more.
- As of April 5, 2007, the fee for returned checks will increase to $35.00.
- Effective January 1, 2008, payments will no longer be accepted over the telephone.
- Effective July 14, 2008, gas meter tampering fee increased from $100.00 to $300.00.
Sugar Hill Gas Customer Payment Assistance Program:
The City of Sugar Hill has entered into an agreement with the North Gwinnett Co-Op to offer assistance to individuals and families needing help with paying their gas bill. Our Mayor and Council readily agreed and adopted a new policy suggesting a way that we may help our residents. The City’s natural gas bill will be amended to include a section on the payment coupon that will allow customers to add $1, $2, $5, or another amount to their payment to help those individuals and families requiring assistance in paying their utility bill. Initially, participation shall be limited to those paying their gas bill by mail or in person, while we investigate the ability to accept Gas Customer Payment Assistance Program payments through online or other payment options. Payments to the Sugar Hill Gas Customer Payment Assistance Program will be set up in a separate account and will be held at City Hall. When a person requests assistance they will be directed to the Co-Op where they may apply for a voucher to be credited to a specific account. Only customers of the Sugar Hill natural gas utility shall be eligible to receive assistance under this program.
How to Identify Gas Department Meter Readers:
Don't let anyone enter your home or your property if he or she cannot show you proof of identification.
Please click on the following link to learn more about identifying Meter Readers.
2014 Budget / Level Billing Program:
Enrollment currently closed for 2014-2015.
Gas Utility Service Related Forms:
Gas Service Disconnect Form